Course boys rock climbing advanced – crag
From June to September
Into the crags of Sarca valley
Age limit minimum
7 years old
Advanced rock climbing course for children and teenagers at a crag on Lake Garda, in Arco
Climbing on rock with a mountain guide
The advanced course is oriented to boys that had already taken part to the basic course or already know how to climb. I suggest it too if you have difficulty il lead climb, like to improve or feel more secure.
During the course they will learn to lead climb, in safety and you will able to climb in crag in whole autonomy, thoughtless.
I encourage direct experience; I alternate moments of induction and deduction depending on age and type of course. This method stimulates the experience and increases the personal mobility of the youngest. I motivate them with games so they learn while having fun.
The advanced course takes place in the most beautiful crags of Arco. The boys and girls will be part of a small group and I will be there with them, attentive to their needs, to follow their improvements.
Contents of the advanced climbing course
- Advanced climbing techniques
- Lead climb (with rope) and boulder
- Games and exercises to learn while having fun
- Climb on challenging routes
- Safety techniques in sport climbing: how to belay the partner
Only for the bigger and expert pupils
- Progression on the wall in lead climb
- Specific techniques and exercises to overcome the fear of lead climbing
- Climb on challenging routes in lead climb
Purposes of the advanced climbing course
- Become a climbing lover
- Improve climbing skills
- To climb sport routes in a gym or at crag, using the proper techniques of belay and progression
- Proper use of the belay equipment
- Each one of us must have a mask to wear whenever the minimum distance of 1 meter cannot be guaranteed
- We must always have a hand detergent liquid with us to use whenever necessary
- It is not possible to take part of any of the activities in case of:
- Flu symptoms or body temperature over 37,5°
- If you have had contacts with individuals tested positive for Covid-19 in the last 14 days
- If you’re coming from risk or outbreak areas
- Must already be a climber
- Mountain guide UIAGM
- Equipment rental
- Transfer from meeting point
What to bring
- Trekking or running shoes for the approach
- Thin socks that covers even the heel to wear climbing shoes
- Backpack with snack and water
- Waterproof jacket
- In case of rain or bad weather the course takes place indoors in the gym of Arco or Sanbapolis in Trento. Transfer to the gym is included in the price. The entrance fee to the gym (€ 5.50) is not included.
- The course will be activated upon reaching the minimum number of participants.
- Registration: within 10 days from the beginning of the course. Registration is considered valid only after payment of the registration fee.
- Payment: bank transfer (please specify the name and surname of the member) or in cash. Please check the availability of seats before making the payment
- In case of non-attendance of the student to the lessons there is no reimbursement or recovery of lessons.
No, the crags are near to the car parks and the approach last from 10 to 15 minutes.
From six years old anyone can climb, even if they are 70.
No, you don’t need to be sporty to try climbing. You have to be sporty if you want to become an athlete.
You need a helmet, a harness and shoes all of which I supply. I suggest however you wear socks which cover your heels to avoid the shoe to bother you. If you already have your own equipment you can bring it with you.
No, you will be belayed with the rope and you cannot fall.
The rock climbing courses takes place on walls suitable to learn and you are not forced to reach the highest point. You can climb up to where you feel confident and then be lowered and get back to the ground.