Basic rock climbing course for adults at a on Lake Garda, in Arco
Climbing on rock with a mountain guide
No particular athletic skills are required, from the age of six anyone can climb.
Taking part in a course helps you to learn about the equipments and the behaviours to climb in safety.
During the basic course you will learn the fundamentals of rock climbing and you will be able to climb top rope, that means with the rope from above, on easy routes and will try to lead climb.
My teaching method is divided into four parts:
- individual correction
- specific exercises
You will actively learn and we will follow your impressions and sensations. I will watch your approach and tailor make the lessons to your individual needs and skills, even though you are in a group. I focus the explanation according to your feedback.
The basic course takes part into the most beautiful crags of Arco. You will be part of a small group and I will be there with you, attentive to your needs, to follow your improvements.
Contents of the basic course
- Basic concepts of rock climbing
- Fundamental techniques of rock climbing
- Climbing in top rope, that means with the rope from above
- Specific techniques and exercises to overcome the fear of height
- Safety techniques in sport climbing
- Proper use of safety equipment
- Introduction to lead climb
- To climb sport routes on a crag in safety, using the proper progression techniques
- Proper use of the belay equipment
- Mustn't suffer from vertigo
- Mountain guide UIAGM
- Equipment rental
- Transfer from meeting point
What to bring
- Trekking or running shoes for the approach
- Thin socks that covers even the heel to wear climbing shoes
- Backpack with snack and water
- Waterproof jacket
The car park is located near the center of Arco, in the Caneve area: it is comfortable, large, free and easy to reach, even on foot. From there we leave together with my van.
- In case of rain or bad weather the course takes place indoors in the gym of Arco or Sanbapolis in Trento. Transfer to the gym is included in the price. The entrance fee to the gym (€ 5.50) is not included.
- The course will be activated upon reaching the minimum number of participants.
- Registration: within 10 days from the beginning of the course. Registration is considered valid only after payment of the registration fee.
- Payment: bank transfer (please specify the name and surname of the member) or in cash. Please check the availability of seats before making the payment
- In case of non-attendance of the student to the lessons there is no reimbursement or recovery of lessons.
No, the crags are near to the car parks and the approach last from 10 to 15 minutes.
From six years old anyone can climb, even if they are 70.
No, you don’t need to be sporty to try climbing. You have to be sporty if you want to become an athlete.
You need a helmet, a harness and shoes all of which I supply. I suggest however you wear socks which cover your heels to avoid the shoe to bother you. If you already have your own equipment you can bring it with you.
No, you will be belayed with the rope and you cannot fall.
The rock climbing courses takes place on walls suitable to learn and you are not forced to reach the highest point. You can climb up to where you feel confident and then be lowered and get back to the ground.