from March to October, every day on request, morning and afternoon.
Passo del Ballino
Age limit minimum
10 years old
New Ballino via ferrata
Vertical sections and simple suspension bridges alongside the Rio Ruzza waterfall
The Ballino via ferrata goes up the rock face beside the Rio Ruzza waterfall in the Ballino pass that divides the village of the same name and the Lago di Tenno from Fiavè.
Opened in 2017 and completed in 2019 with the new upper section, this via ferrata is exposed, vertical, very well equipped and safe but quite challenging and not suitable for those who suffer from vertigo. Situated within a valley, it is always cool even in midsummer. There are several vertical sections with simple suspension bridges that cross the waterfall and give the feeling of being able to touch the water cascading powerfully to the valley.
Unique of its type, the Ballino via ferrata deserves to be climbed at least once in a lifetime.
In order to reach the start of the ferrata you walk along a beautiful path for about 30 minutes. The whole ferrata takes about 2 hours and the return 45 minutes.
- Each one of us must have a mask to wear whenever the minimum distance of 1 meter cannot be guaranteed
- We must always have a hand detergent liquid with us to use whenever necessary
- It is not possible to take part of any of the activities in case of:
- Flu symptoms or body temperature over 37,5°
- If you have had contacts with individuals tested positive for Covid-19 in the last 14 days
- If you’re coming from risk or outbreak areas
- Mustn't suffer from vertigo
- Mountain guide UIAGM
- Equipment rental
- Transfer from meeting point in Arco
What to bring
- Trekking or running shoes
- Backpack with snack and water
- Waterproof jacket
Bring a lightweight backpack with a jacket, drinking water and a snack/energy bar.
A pair of low trekking shoes or trainers are fine, sandals even those with a trekking sole are not suitable.
Wear comfortable and sportive clothing.
Yes, you will feel enthusiast when you climb attached to a metal cable and you will feel extremely safe.
No climbing skills are required. A via ferrata helps you to arrive at the summit without needing any climbing or mountaineering skills.