from June to October, every day if requested, morning and afternoon
Age limit minimum
12 years old
The "Via Ferrata delle Aquile" in Paganella
Travel across the sky in the Brenta Dolomites
The “Via Ferrata delle Aquile” (the Eagles Via Ferrata), is on the eastern face of the Cima Roda (Roda summit) of Paganella in the Brenta Dolomites. The route is both panoramic and aerial.
The sheer mountain views range from the Brenta Dolomites to the Adamello glacier, from the Adige valley to the Valle dei Laghi and to Lake Garda.
The via ferrata is exposed, safe and very well equipped but not suitable for those who suffer from vertigo. You will find vertical sections with impressive simple suspension bridges and adrenaline-generating circular steps. It feels like crossing the sky just like an eagle.
And don’t forget your camera, as I guarantee that the panorama in the Brenta Dolomites deserves to be remembered.
The start of the ferrata is 10 minutes on foot from the top of the Cima Paganella cable car. The via ferrata route takes about 2.5 hours and the path to return to the cable car about 30 minutes.
Before the ride down, we can either have a picnic or eat at the beautiful refuge that is just by Cima Paganella. After the well-deserved break surrounded by the beauty of these mountains, we go down to the valley and return to Arco in my mini-bus.
- Each one of us must have a mask to wear whenever the minimum distance of 1 meter cannot be guaranteed
- We must always have a hand detergent liquid with us to use whenever necessary
- It is not possible to take part of any of the activities in case of:
- Flu symptoms or body temperature over 37,5°
- If you have had contacts with individuals tested positive for Covid-19 in the last 14 days
- If you’re coming from risk or outbreak areas
- Mustn't suffer from vertigo
- Mountain guide UIAGM
- Equipment rental
What to bring
- Trekking or running shoes
- Backpack with snack and water
- Waterproof jacket
Meeting point at the start of the route
Via Rindole, 3, 38010 Andalo, TN, Italia
The cable car ticket (17 euros) and the meal at the refuge are not included.
Bring a lightweight backpack with a jacket, drinking water and a snack/energy bar.
A pair of low trekking shoes or trainers are fine, sandals even those with a trekking sole are not suitable.
Wear comfortable and sportive clothing.
Yes, you will feel enthusiast when you climb attached to a metal cable and you will feel extremely safe.
No climbing skills are required. A via ferrata helps you to arrive at the summit without needing any climbing or mountaineering skills.